AI in proteomics
The EuBIC-MS Developers Meeting is organized each second year by the European Bioinformatics Community for Mass Spectrometry (EuBIC-MS), an initiative of the European Proteomics Association (EuPA) for user-oriented bioinformatics.
This meeting is aimed at bringing together computer scientists and developers in the field of proteomics bioinformatics to discuss and work together in an open and constructive spirit. The program is split between keynote lectures and multiple hackathon sessions where the participants develop bioinformatics tools and resources addressing outstanding needs in the proteomics bioinformatics and user community.
The 2023 Developers Meeting was held on 15-20 January 2023 at the ETH meeting platform Congressi Stefano Franscini (CSF), Monte Verità, Ticino, Switzerland. This year, the keynotes were focused on the use of AI in proteomics.
Through the parallel hackathon sessions, participants were able to engage in the active development of novel achievements for mass spectrometry-based proteomics. This can encompass the creation of new tools, scripts, resources or any other collaborative project important for the field. Anyone in the field could submit a proposal for a hackathon project. The final list of hackathons were selected by the organizing committee.
Why attend the Developers Meeting?
By joining the Developers Meeting, you will gain experience in developing bioinformatics tools, build long-lasting international collaborations and participate in a dynamic peer-network. In turn, your contribution will help the community at large, making a concrete impact for users.
Confirmed keynote speakers
Through the parallel hackathon sessions, participants will be able to engage in the active development of novel achievements for mass spectrometry-based proteomics. This can encompass the creation of new tools, scripts, resources or any other collaborative project important for the field. Anyone in the field can submit a proposal for a hackathon project. The final list of hackathons will be selected by the organizing committee. More info on submitting a project proposal can be found on GitHub.
Present your work with a poster
We encourage all attendants to present their own scientific work in the form of a poster. The poster session will be held on Sunday evening and kicks off with short elevator pitches, giving everyone the opportunity to advertise their poster. Poster boards will be 192 x 94 cm and accommodate portrait A0 format. Materials to attach posters to the poster boards will be provided.
To present a poster, all attendants are required to submit an abstract using the link below. Deadline for abstract submission is 1st of December 2022.
To be announced…
Registration is now open! The capacity of the meeting is limited to 55 participants and a first-come first-served policy will be applied. More information on the registration can be found below.
The EuBIC-MS 2023 Developers Meeting is proudly supported by:
Why sponsor us?
Sponsoring the EuBIC-MS 2023 Developers Meeting improves the visibility of your company. The EuBIC-MS 2023 Developers Meeting will bring together leading international scientists conducting bioinformatics and computational proteomics research. As such, this forms a unique occasion in the field of proteomics bioinformatics to communicate the impact of your institution or your products to the meeting attendees.
Multiple sponsorship options are available. For sponsorship inquiries or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Bart Van Puyvelde (Ghent University, Belgium)
Dominik Lux (Ruhr University Bochum, Germany)
Henry Webel (Copenhagen University, Denmark)
Marie Locard-Paulet (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
Ralf Gabriels (VIB / Ghent University, Belgium)
Sander Willems (Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Germany)
Veit Schwämmle (University of Southern Denmark, Denmark)
Wout Bittremieux (University of California San Diego, United States of America)
Dates and deadlines
- Deadline for hackathon proposal submission: September 30th, 2022
- Announcement of selected hackathons: November 1st, 2022
- End of registration period: November 15th, 2022
- Poster abstract submission deadline: December 1st, 2022
To be announced soon. For more information visit the GitHub page
Open Search: Open-minded Exploration of Proteomics Data | Alexey I. Nesvizhskii
Towards the next generation of proteomics analysis with the AlphaPept ecosystem | Maximilian Strauss
The DOME Recommendations for Machine Learning Exemplified on Prosit | Mathias Wilhelm
Predicting physiochemical properties of peptides using deep learning | Anna Klimovskaia Susmelj
Towards a structurally resolved human protein interaction network | Pedro Beltrao
Cancellations can be made in written form only (please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and will only be accepted if received at least 14 days prior to the first day of this event (email date counts as cancellation date). Any cancellations after this date or no-shows at the event are not eligible for a refund and the full fee in accordance with the registration invoice or confirmation will be due. In any case, we will only partially reimburse the registration fee after subtracting a handling fee. The exact amount of the handling fee will depend on the actual costs for the reversed transaction.
Venue and travel
We offer two package deals including boarding & lodging:
Shared double room package | 800 CHF per person
You will be staying in a shared double room at the Monte Verità hotel complex or a partner hotel nearby. Please indicate with whom you would like to share during the registration process (see detailed instructions down below).
- The capacity of the meeting is limited to 55 participants and a first-come first-served policy will be applied.
- The total accommodation capacity on Monte Verità will be limited to 40 beds due to ongoing construction work at the Bauhaus hotel. We will assign rooms to the Monte Verità hotel complex in a first-come first-serve manner and in agreement with organizational needs. Further registrations will be assigned to the partner hotel.
- Participants booked in the partner hotel will have transport provided to the CSF in the morning and back to the hotel in the evening.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and coffee breaks) will be served at the CSF and are included in the registration fees.
- It is NOT possible to arrange accommodation/catering outside of the above package offers. In other words: You can NOT register for the meeting without hotel booking. This is a strict policy of the CSF meeting platform.
- The registration fees do NOT include any travel costs to the location!
Please carefully read these instructions before registering
The registration form comes with a short manual. We apologize for that. Nevertheless, please carefully read the three instructions below before registering.
1. Poster abstract submission
Poster abstract submission is handled through a separate form. Please see below.
2. Registration confirmation: Ignore the instructions in “confirmation of payment”
You will receive two or three confirmation mails, depending on your payment method. The email with the subject “Confirmation of payment”, contains the following sentence:
In order to book your room and meals at the conference venue, the Hotel and Congress Center Monte Verità, please go to […] and use the above code to access the specific page dedicated to your meeting.
These instructions can be safely ignored. Upon receiving this email, your room and meals are already booked, and no further action from your side is required.
3. Set dates, the payment amount, and optionally indicate your roommate for a double room
The following screenshots show how to populate the registration form with your personal data:
- Set your arrival date (15.01.2023) and departure date (20.01.2023).
- In case you would like to share a double room, please indicate the second person (first and last name) in the comments. The second person also must complete the booking process for a double room and must indicate your name in the comments on their registration form.
- Set the payment amount according to your preferred package (1000 CHF for a single room, 800 CHF for a double room.
The congress organizers cannot accept any liability for personal injuries sustained, or for loss or damage to property belonging to conference participants (or their accompanying persons), either during, or as a result of, the conference. Registration or accommodation fees do not include insurance. By registering and paying your fees, you accept all the above terms and conditions.
By registering and paying your fees, you agree to the cancellation policy.